News & Events
Blood Cancer Network Ireland is holding its annual symposium on Friday 24th May in University College Cork
“Blood Cancer : Advances in therapeutic strategies and enhanced patient registration to improve outcomes”
The aim of the symposium is to provide Irish researchers and clinical staff with the opportunity to hear about the latest research and hottest topics in blood cancer research from international experts and to present their own work in this area.
The scientific focus will be in two key areas:
- Immunotherapy and targeted therapies
- Enhanced blood cancer patient registries
This symposium will bring together researchers in the fields of therapeutics development in hematological malignancies with clinical investigators and experts in patient registeries to improve treatment and patient outcomes.
- There will be an opprotunity for researchers to present posters in the area of immunotherapy, targeted therapies, clinical registries and PROMS and 2 posters will be selected for oral presentations. Prizes will be awared for the best poster and oral presentation.
- There will be an opportunity for young researchers to meet experts in the field at a "meet the experts" session
- There will be a session on "Advances in blood cancer research" directed towards patients and their families at the end of the symposium
Details on registration and submitting abstracts will be posted soon