News & Events
Great Workshop on "Overcoming Obstacles in Biobanking for Translational Cancer Research"
CancerResearch@UCC, with interim director Professor Mary Cahill hosted a workshop in Cork on:
‘Overcoming Obstacles in Biobanking for Translational Cancer Research‘
on Tuesday the 20th of November, 2018 in Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, UCC.
The workshop was interactive and consisted of a combination of presentations and breakout sessions. The aim of this event was to bring together multidisciplinary clinicians and researchers to discuss the obstacles encountered in biobanking for translational cancer research, and to identify methods to overcome these.
There were over 60 delegates and the day was a great success with interactive audience participation and facilitated breakout sessions. The presenters and audience were local and national experts in many area of biobanking, including GDPR. Contributors included:
- Professor Joe Eustace, Director of the HRB Clinical Research Facility, University College Cork
- Professor Eoin Gaffney, Medical Director, Biobank Ireland Trust
- Dr Eva Szegezdi, Director of the Blood Cancer biobank Ireland
- Ms Emma Snapes, Biobank Manager, INFANT Centre, University College Cork
- Dr Sharon McKenna, Principal Investigator, CancerResearch@UCC, University College Cork
- Prof Elisabeth Vandenberghe, Consultant Haematologist, St James Hospital
- Mr Jason Carr, CEO Supretecbox
- Professor Louise Burke, Consultant Histopathologist, Cork University Hospital